I have a list of places with weird names (weird to me!) that I want to visit at some point in my life. The names are funny, fun to say, or just fun! I just need to go to these places. I think they are calling my name.
So far I’ve been to (in no particular order):
- Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Wetaskiwin, Alberta
- Weed, New Mexico
- George, Washington
- Truth or Consequences, New Mexico
- (I could list a lot from New Mexico, actually! LOL! Tesuque, Pojoaque, Tucumcari, etc…)
- Kermit, Texas
- Puyallup, Washington (pew-al-up)
- Hope, British Columbia
- 100 Mile House, British Columbia
- Whitehorse, Yukon
- Flin Flon, Manitoba
- Medicine Hat, Alberta
- Wall, South Dakota (my last name is Wall, so this was really funny to me!)
- Dodge City, Kansas
- Kahului, Hawaii
and a BUNCH MORE.
Here’s my list of places I’d still like to go:
- Chicken, Alaska
- Tuktoyaktuk, Northwest Territories
- Arkadelphia, Arkansas
- Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Kissimmee, Florida
- Florida, New York
- Kalamazoo, Michigan
and the list keeps growing!
This list doesn’t even cover the international places, like Java (been there), Ballyshannon, Timbuktu, Liechtenstein, Dubai, Zihuatanejo, etc…..
What funny place names would you add to my list?
Next up, Places that have Weird Things that I want to see!
image credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pmkelly/ and http://www.city.whitehorse.yk.ca/ and http://communitylink.com/